William Heughan set up the William Heughan Associated Special Trust in December 1956 to remember his home town of Dalbeattie, Scotland, with the purpose of supporting the young and elderly residents of Dalbeattie and community projects in general.
In line with William Heughan’s singing background, the Trust intends to:
- Support the creation of a new William Heughan Memorial Choir by hiring a Musical Director and accompanist.
- Support the new single site school in Dalbeattie in its musical and theatrical endeavours.
Over the years, the Trust has supported the community financially in many ways. These include:
- School prizes for the local schools
- Christmas gifts for the elderly
- Equipment for the playground
- Mourners’ shelter in the cemetery
- Supporting young people who have musical talent
- Help for the Dalbeattie Museum
- Support for the Tennis Club refurbishment project
- Contribution towards the new minibus for the Community Day Centre